The American Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines (AmCham) under the The Arangkada Philippines Project is seeking applicants for the position of PROJECT OFFICER
AmCham Philippines is the oldest American Chamber abroad –and the first in Asia. It has been a premier business organization for over 100 years; initiated in 1902 and incorporated in 1920.
It is committed to the promotion of US-RP relations at all levels and boasts 20 standing committees and two Foundations that cover all aspects of business and industry in the country.
The Arangkada Philippines Project is the advocacy and policy research arm of the American Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines with support from the United States Agency for International Development and the University of the Philippines Public Administration Research and Extension Services Foundation, Inc.- Regulatory Reform Support Program for National Development.
Arangkada promotes economic policy reform initiatives, open international trade, and increased investment to build a more competitive Philippine economy.
TAPP PROJECT OFFICER
Arangkada is looking for a Project Officer who will be responsible for providing technical assistance to Arangkada’s policy research, external affairs, and advocacy activities. The ideal candidate is expected to be familiar with issues and related developments in the country’s economy and investment climate, with exposure to legislative processes at the executive or legislative levels of government. He or she must be able to effectively liaise and work with representatives from government and partners from the private sector, business groups, and partner organizations.
The ideal candidate will also oversee the preparations for and conduct of one of Arangkada’s annual flagship activities in close coordination with the team and external partners of the Project.
- Provide technical assistance for activities related to the priorities of the Project, the Chamber, and its partners, including but not limited to:
- Conducting research and monitoring of relevant developments in the regulatory and policymaking landscapes;
- Drafting and publishing policy notes, discussion papers, position papers, and press statements, as assigned;
- Organizing and documenting roundtable discussions, sectoral consultations, focus group discussions, and meetings with government officials and partners;
- Liaising with representatives from national government agencies and regulatory authorities to consult on relevant issues and common reform priorities, as needed;
- Developing content related to the Project’s advocacies for Arangkada’s digital platforms;
- Preparing activity reports, technical reports, and weekly updates in prescribed formats used by the Project, as needed; and
- Facilitating the accomplishment of administrative and/operational requirements in support of the Project’s activities, as needed.
- Serve as lead in the preparations and successful implementation of one of Arangkada’s annual flagship activities, including but not limited to:
- Determining the overall theme and program flow of the event in close coordination with the Project Director and Policy Engagement Manager;
- Identifying and recommending program participants (speakers, moderators, and panelists);
- Drafting, sending out, and following through on invitations sent to prospective program participants;
- Ensuring consistency of all materials and related outputs according to the branding guidelines, concept note, and program flow for the event;
- Supervising the interns and support staff assigned for the event;
- Reviewing and providing feedback to proposals, cost estimates, and work plans submitted;
- Working in collaboration with the Partnership Manager in addressing sponsor-related inquiries and concerns;
- Liaising with suppliers and contractors, as needed; and
- Monitoring and preparing progress reports, weekly reports, and obligation trackers relevant to the event.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in political science, economics, public policy, political economy, or international studies. Master’s degree or with units is an advantage;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to conduct research and prepare reports, policy documents, and position papers;
- Strong understanding of developments and key issues related to Philippine political economy;
- Experience in assisting policy-oriented and evidence-based research. Management experience of projects funded by USAID or similar organizations is an advantage but not required;
- Experience in data collection and analysis. Background and/or basic familiarity with quantitative research is an advantage but not required;
- Experience in coordinating with representatives from policymaking bodies and national government agencies and monitoring relevant committee hearings and technical working group sessions in Congress; and
- Experience in events organization and management.
Please email a copy of your resume with a recent ID picture to firstname.lastname@example.org with “TAPP Project Officer” in the subject line and a short cover email message of application.
The interested applicant must be available to start work as soon as possible.